Between 2010 and 2013 Australia is making the switch from analog to digital TV. Are you digital ready?
You will either have to:
* convert your existing analog TV using a set top box, or
* upgrade to a TV with an inbuilt digital tuner.
All TECO TVs have inbuilt digital tuners, to ensure that TECO customers achieve the optimal digital TV viewing experience.
Teco Digital TV offers a number of benefits over the analog TV experience.
- Improved picture quality- Say goodbye to ghosting and other similar annoyances. Standard definition broadcasts provide a picture quality far superior to that of analog tv broadcasts.
- Widescreen broadcasts- No longer do you need to settle on traditional box-like viewing. You will see a large number of programming broadcasts in widescreen 16:9, bringing your favourite things such as movies and sports to life.
- More channels and extra shows- Digital TV opens up your viewing options significantly. New channels 9such as SBS2, ABC3, ONE, 7TWO and GO will provide more program options for kids, sports-lovers, movie buffs, sitcom and reality TV junkies and documentary viewers alike. Reruns of primetime shows will also offer alternative viewing options of your regular shows including Australian favourites such as Packed to the Rafter and Offspring.
- Electronic program guide- Finally you can surf your week’s TV options using the Electronic Program Guide for each TV channel. The guide includes the program name, time, duration as well as a show synopsis.
Digital TV shows can also be recorded to watch later using PVRs (personal video recorders).
Check out TECO’s TVs with inbuilt digital tuners to get digital-ready for optimised TV-viewing. Click here.
For more information visit the Australian Government Digital Switchover Taskforce site.