Frequently Asked Questions for Air Conditioning:
8 How do I know which TECO Air Conditioner is best for my home or office?
10 Will TECO Air Conditioners work under extreme temperatures?
11 What information is required for warranty service?
12 What should I do when malfunction occurs?
13 Who do I contact for non-warranty service?
14 Where can I purchase a TECO Air Conditioner?
15 Where can I purchase spare parts for my TECO Air Conditioner?
16 Where can I find my serial number and model number?
17 What is the relationship between BTU and Watts?
How do I know which TECO Air Conditioner is best for my home or office?
Your TECO retailer or installer can provide you with advice or your nearest supplier for the best selection for your needs. Please contact TECO Australia on 1300 660 037.
Will TECO Air Conditioners work under extreme temperatures?
Best working temperature range for TECO Air conditioner is 5Â°C ~ 35Â°C.
People have to understand that every air conditioner works under extreme temperatures, but the temperature will have an effect on the heat exchange therefore the performance will vary due to outside temperature.
1. Owner's details. Name, Address, Contact numbers.
2. Product information: Model number, Serial number.
3. Date of purchase, Shop name, Contact number.
4. Installers name, Contact number.
* Check the power to the unit is switched on.
* Check the power fuse has not been tripped.
* Check the SET TIME of the unit is not activated.
Cooling efficiency is not good.
* Check the air inlet and outlot for blockage.
* Ensure that there is no other heat source in the room.
* Check the air filters are cleaned.
* Ensure the fan speed is not set at LOW.
* Ensure the SET TEMP is at an appropriate setting.
Wireless remote controller does not work.
* Check the unit's batteries for sufficient voltage.
* Unplug the air conditioner, then reconnect it after a few minutes.
Foggy air flows out.
* This is due to humid room air been cooled rapidly at COOL or DRY mode.
Immediately stop all operations, remove plug, and contact your supplier/installer or Teco in the following situations
* Operation starts or stops abnormally;
* Power fuse or circuit breaker trips often;
* Electrical wires are very hot or insulation is damaged;
* Other strange situations.
If problem still occur. Please have all necessary information ready and contact TECO Warranty Service Department on 1300 660 037.
Who do I contact for non-warranty service?
TECO Australia have a National Service Centre and we can provide you with details of service centres. Please have a look at SERVICE AGENTS or contact Teco Australia on 1300 660 037.
Where can I purchase a TECO Air Conditioner?
Many retail stores carry the TECO Australia range. However, you can contact Teco Australia. Our friendly staff will find you nearest stockist for you to purchase your TECO Air Conditioner.
Where can I find my serial number and model number?
Both model number and serial number is visible on the indoor unit either on the right, left or under side of your air conditioner. The outdoor serial number is located on connection pipes side of the outdoor unit. It is important to have these numbers before calling for warranty service.
Cooling / Heating Capacity
watts x 3.412 = BTU/hr
BTU/hr x 0.2931 = watts
Tons of Refrigeration x 12000 = BTU/hr
Tons of Refrigeration x 3516.8 = watts
kcal/h x 1.163 = watt
psig x 6.8948 = kPa
psig x 0.069 = bar
bar x 14.5 = psi
bar x 100 = kPa
kPa x 0.01 = bar
Â°C = 5/9 (Â°F - 32)
Â°F = (9/5 x Â°C) + 32
metres x 3.281 = feet
meters x 39.37 = inches